[3830] RTTY Roundup AB1J SO(A) Dig LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AB1J SO(A) Dig LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 03:19:36 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO(A) Dig LP
QTH: Waltham EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:12

   80:             63
   40:            209
   20:            138
   15:              0
   10:              0
-----------------------
Total:    0       410  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 24  Total Score = 29,930

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were average. No 15m or 10m here, but I didn't check very often. 80m
wasn't very productive.

I'm happy the ARRL decided to add a digital, non-RTTY category. Naturally, folks
objected. I guess it's a slippery slope to somewhere. Can't be too cautious.

I used WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 which worked well. One FT8 crash early on with Deep/AP.
Turned off AP and no more problems.

It seemed that some of the WSJT-X contest design problems were fixed and
everything flowed better. I still think a lot more could be done to make WSJT-X
more contest friendly. It can be remarkably clumsy for an automated system. Or
maybe that's why it's clumsy. Or maybe it's me.

For the first time I worked considerably more FT4 (226) than FT8 (185). With
correspondingly less DX.

I worked a JA on 40m which is a rare occurrence for me. I've only ever worked
three JAs on 40m, all recently, all FT8.

CO7DSR was sending NJ as his exchange. It's easy to see how someone might send
the wrong thing, but NJ? Come on. I worked him twice and wasn't sure what to do
about it.  He sent it throughout my ALL.TXT file, but I didn't know if the ARRL
would have a sense of humor about it, so I X-QSOed them.

Thanks for all the QSOs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2
20m attic dipole
80m, 40m & 20m outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog