[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 14:33:22 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jan 6

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

------------
  160:
   80:   70
   40:   60
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  130  Mults = 121  Total Score = 15,730

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Despite having a pretty good score, this was a disappointing session due to the
dark hand of Mr. Murphy. I started out running on 80 and finally worked it out
about 30 minutes in, and then began a run on 40. It took a few minutes to
establish a good rate, but it got going pretty good. With 10 minutes to go and
120 QSOs in the log, it looked like a 140 hour was well within reach. Then the
power to all my station accessories (MK2R+, antenna tuners, etc.) went away. A
quick trip into the shop, where all the station infrastructure is, revealed that
the master accessory power distribution panel was dead, despite its power supply
being OK. It turns out one of the cats "helped me out" by fooling
around with some of the wiring and found the bad connection in the Power Pole
cable that feeds the panel. I managed to wiggle the wires enough to restore
power and headed back to the operating position to finish up. This misadventure
took up 5 precious minutes. Fortunately, I was able to resume the run and
managed to put another 10 QSOs in the log before time was up. After a session
with strippers and crimpers I'll see everyone for the 1900Z running.

73...
Randy, W8FN