[3830] CWopsT K9MMS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9MMS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 20:55:48 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jan 6

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  41
   20:  57
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  98  Mults = 94  Total Score = 9,212

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3 + P3 + AL80B   700 WATTS  ;  N3FJP Logging
Antennas:  20m - TH2 at 40 ft ; 40m - Dipole at 28 ft
Antennas covered with ice, but loaded acceptably well.

All QSOs via CQs.  Many came up empty and caused delays in the Q rate.

It has been a very long time since I have operated in a CWT event.  I decided to
add participating in some CWTs as one of my New Year's resolutions.

N3FJP is not my usual logging program, but WinTest (my usual contesting logging)
does not include CWTs.  So, my results were poor - being very rusty at QRQ CWTs
(and many using cut numbers) and not being used to using N3FJP logging [some
glitches there - both in the response of the program (pressing space bar
partially interrupts CW message sending and other things) and some new-user
errors as well].  Also, I discovered late that my VOX delay was set too long,
and I missed the first part of many calls and requested repeats until I fixed
that.

Another New Year's resolution for me should be to make the transition to N1MM
logging and face the learning curve.

My apologies for being a LID in this one.  To those stations I worked, thank
your patience with my replies.  Hopefully I will improve soon.

73,
  Gary . K9MMS