[3830] NAQP CW K7XC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7XCNV1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7XC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 04:41:38 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: N NV - DM09jh
Operating Time (hrs): 10.00

  160:   36    11
   80:   78    28
   40:  154    50
   20:  268    50
   15:  126    31
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  663   171  Total Score = 113,373

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #4

Comments:

WOW! Sat down and fumbled getting going, causing me to start 16 minutes late,
which still counts toward the maximum of 10 hrs as it less than 31 minutes.
Pledged NCCC at least 6 hrs BIC time and was surprised when I notice 8 1/2 hours
had flown by... I Felt great so decided to stuck with it till the end. The
Station played well on all 6 bands. With 20 mins left I bumped in K2RD in Reno
on 160M and we ran thru the bands all the way to 10M, now we each have the NV
mult on all 6 bands! Great Stuff! Tnx IRA! The conditions varied from ghost like
on 15M, Solid on 20M, Fabulous on 40M, strained on 80M, and noisy but workable
on 160M. Glad I spent the time to optimize the station as best I could with with
what I had on hand. Kudos to KE6QR for donating 3 yrs ago a 3ele Tribander
"FB-33" Fritzel Beam from Germany. I put in the time over that summer
to refurbish it completely. It sat on the ground waiting for Cycle 25 to start
waking up. I finally decided it was time to completely change the station from
all monobanders to much more manageable single tribander and wires. Sure made a
huge difference on 10 and 15 this season! changed out the 30 yr old feedlines
with modern low loss types. Moved the 160M antenna to the 40ft tall AB577 that
holds the tribander at 43ft and a dual band 80M/40M Fan Inverted Vee at 38ft. I
love that everyone is Running 100W or less! Sure cuts down on the huge signals
causing tremendous QRM. The final result is my best score ever in NAQP CW!
KB NCCC!