[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad W8WTS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w8wts.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad W8WTS LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 03:15:00 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 15

Call: W8WTS
Operator(s): W8WTS
Station: W8WTS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Auburn Twp., OH
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:  15     14
   80:  10      9
   40:  13      8
   20:   2      1
   15:   2      2
   10:
    6:
-------------------
Total:  42     34  Total Score = 1,428

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

This was one of those awful nights when absolutely everyone was screaming loud,
but no one could hear me.  The W9s sounded like they were running 10 kW.  WJ9B
and AA7V on the fringes were wildly loud.  At the same time, I couldn't beat a
QSO out of KW8N or W1NN in Ohio.  I had to keep checking my power to see if I
was transmitting at all.

Speaking of power, I hope that everyone knows that NS is a 100 W only contest.
Maybe it was just conditions, but some signals were simply too loud to believe.

It's good for the contest to have lots of participation, but my scores always
drop as the number of stations goes up.  Everyone is packed in like anchovies in
a tiny can and the competition for jump balls becomes ferocious.