[3830] NAQP SSB N1RM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N1RM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 05:48:56 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    6     5
   80:  212    36
   40:  423    43
   20:   63    28
   15:    6     4
   10:    8     3
-------------------
Total:  718   119  Total Score = 85,442

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Typical N1RM slow start! Noise to the west on 15 and 20 was awful, but managed a
few Qs and mults. 40M was pretty good, but wall-to-wall runners and I didn't
feel like jousting, so just did S&P for a while and moved to 80M early where
things were a little roomier and (therefore) more civilized. Got a couple of
okay runs there. Then realized I had N3QE on 5 bands, so I risked my OCF dipole
balun with 70W through the tuner to complete the 6 band N3QE sweep! Sure glad he
showed up! My signal was almost inaudible to most guys on 160 so went back to
80M and ran for a while til the rate really dropped. I moved back up to 40M and
it was pretty refreshed by then. I found a great run frequency at around 7255
and must have had a couple of folks spot me because a managed 122/hr for over 2
hrs - by far my best run ever. Lots of fun! Great to hear some familiar voices.
Said hi to WA2BCK operating a remote station in NY. I even worked my old call -
AI1V in Connecticut.

Thanks for all the Qs and the spots!
Rick - N1RM
K3s
DB18e at 70'
OCF dipole at 40' (hopefully with a still intact balun!)