[3830] NAQP SSB N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 06:20:35 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:   82    30
   80:   37    14
   40:  105    30
   20:   44    18
   15:    5     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  273    94  Total Score = 25,662

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Signals on 40/80/160 seemed attenuated. Usually the east cost on all three of
those bands are S9 plus. Never heard much west of CO from 40 on down. 80m was
the worst. Struggled to make contacts on 80m, and most signals were just above
my noise noise level, which was my normal noise floor. I felt like I was under a
low frequency notch filter, killing 40 and 80. 160 was way better than 80, but
signals east that would normally be S9 were at my noise floor about S5, which
was a bit lower than normal.
I was hoping to at least break 300 Qs and 100 on 160. Struggled on 20m as well.
In general, band conditions here "sucked"!
I'll be playing in the VHF contest later today.

Thanks for the Qs, 73 Gene N9TF