[3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:12:09 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:14

  160:   28    15
   80:  201    36
   40:   62    28
   20:   48    20
   15:   19     7
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  359   107  Total Score = 38,413

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SFCG Palmetto Pig Tails

Comments:

Got started at 2PM, thought I would try and get my off time done with early. 10
meters was open up and down the east coast in the mid morning, but naturally
closed down at the start of the NAQP.I did manage to squeeze one Q  last night
on 10 at 02:26 with N1BPY in Maine. 20 and 15 seemed to be long all day and into
the night, worked mostly midwest and west coast stations. My strategy was to run
as much as possible, but wound up doing the slow going S&P because it was
very difficult to get a run going on 20/40 due to no where to set up shop, wall
to wall runners on both of those bands. The money band for me was 80 meters, I
did get a few good runs on that band. I did try to run on 160, but QRN was
present and station were hard to hear. Got to work fellow club & team
members KS4YX, N4XL,& AC4MC.

Rig: FT-DX3000
PWR: 100 watts
Antennas: 272\' horizontal loop, NA4RR Hex Beam, Ground mounted Gap Challenger,
2X 20/40 Super Loops, Maco V5/8 10 meter vertical
SDRPlay RSP1, RSP-DX

Love competitive contesting and live in South Carolina? Check out South
Carolina\'s premier contesting club! swampfoxcontestgroup.com