[3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 19:11:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6:20

  160:   65    17
   80:  125    24
   40:  162    34
   20:    3     3
   15:    2     2
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  359    82  Total Score = 29,438

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Can we do CW again, please?  This was much harder than the 500/106 I managed in
NAQP CW last weekend.

Started at 2335Z, with a quick check of 20M for easy mults.  Heard only a lone
RI runner.  Worked him, then looked for more short skip, then tried CQinf for a
few minutes to see who else might be lurking.  Nobody, that's who.

Then down to 40M to see what's left (not expecting much, but since I don't start
until nightfall I don't "get to 40M early".)  Hey!  40M is alive.  Run
a little; S&P a little.  Cycle the low bands, running and S&P.  Noisy
(including what I think is some spiky splatter, but maybe it's my receiver, but
putting in the attenuators does not help.)

S&P is difficult -- sig's are not loud, and I don't know how to tune in an
SSB signal, and my ears and brain don't process even live speech very well.

Running is difficult -- sig's are not loud, and... Oh, I said that already.

I have also regressed in my keyboard logging.  E.g., having suffix Bravo
Kilowatt Germany say "Thanks for another band," but his not showing up
in the N1MM+ list.  I had to ask "When was our QSO," then find it and
discover that I had logged it as BKJ.  Jermany, right?  I also found myself
typing what I was saying instead of what the runner had said.  E.g., K8MR gets
logged as ART MD.

A few short breaks for family and nature.  Push on for the points for PVRC, and
because...

I was having so much fun!  But, please, let's do it on CW next time.

73, Art K3KU