[3830] NAQP SSB K9ZO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9zo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K9ZO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:16:11 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:  162    42
   80:  208    44
   40:  168    40
   20:  157    31
   15:   43    13
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  739   178  Total Score = 131,542

Club: Metro DX Club

Team: Metro Shouters

Comments:

Bands seemed very disturbed.   Could not get a run started, so did a lot of band
changes and picked up multipliers while trying 10/15/20/40 to try to get a run
going.  20 pretty much died after the first hour.  15 was marginal at 1900Z.  40
- yuck, no rate, little activity.  At 2:30 pm local there was a bit of an
opening out west.  A few hours later there was some opening to the east, so
picked up weak multipliers.

Took very early breaks to nap. Yesterday was an exhausting 7 hour trip to
doctors, tests, errands, and driving home in the snow.  More naps. Kept at at
because I was on a team, otherwise I would have gone to sleep for the night.
NN1C=lid.  Does not know how to find a clear frequency.  Missed a few mults here
and there - DE, RI, NJ on 80/160, W7 on 160, FL on 40, were there, but missed by
me.  Felt weak all the time, even on the low bands where I usually do OK.  A lot
of guys were bunched together on the online scores and it was interesting to
watch how many QSOs guys had.  I don't expect to do this contest again unless I
can make significant improvements in the antennas. More and lower.  SO2R is a
necessity, and I don't have enough towers.  It was good to have WAS in one day!