[3830] HA DX AB1J SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] HA DX AB1J SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:17:43 +0000
                    Hungarian DX Contest - 2021

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:    3
   40:   48
   20:  115
   15:    1
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  167      0      60  Total Score = 45,660

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were low average and not helpful. I must have sounded like a QRP
station on 40m in the evening when I called the EU stations, based on the repeat
requests.  I hate it when that happens to me, so I decided to stop at 167 QSOs.
Enough is sufficient.

I've never taken part on this contest before and was surprised at the activity.
Some of it might have a stay-home effect of COVID-19.

I prefer these everyone-works-everyone contests to those where you can work only
a specific set of stations, like the WAE, REF, ARRL, SP, JA and others. And I
prefer the WPX over the WW contests for the same reason. Part of this is due to
having a puny signal.

The point of my participation was to help my score in the True Blue DX Club's
Ultra-Marathon.  Their goal is to repopulate the CW and SSB bands, but I kinda
doubt that will happen. What I plan to do is work more contests like this and my
guess is that's what other participants will do also. The way to populate the
bands is have some kind of large scale, ongoing, every day activity as we did
with the ARRL Centennial or the Grid Chase.

Short of that, we'll mostly be on FT which does support a kind of constant
contest environment. I'm surprised no one has capitalized on this to have an
official ongoing event of some kind, perhaps on a monthly or yearly basis.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  ViewProp (on VE7CC) as spot server
20m & 15m attic dipoles
Outdoor 66' stealth wire on 80m, 40m & 20m, with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog