[3830] NAQP SSB K6RO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, LASHAP@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6RO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 01:39:27 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:52

  160:    7     3
   80:   55    14
   40:   46    23
   20:  346    51
   15:  192    28
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  648   120  Total Score = 77,760

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

A tale of 2 contests...

Started on 20 meters,and the band sounded great..lots of loud signals.
After about 30 minutes,I make a quick check on 15m,and I also heard many loud
signals. Since I do better on 15m,I started CQ'inq,and ran off a few hours of
plus 100 rate..things were going great.Lots of Q's,but only to certain call
areas..so mults were tough.
Then back to 20 meters for a few hours of plus 100 rate..this was fun. I was
going to hang on 20 meters as long as I could,because I know what happens when I
go to 40m. I had 530 q's after 5 hours,and I took a break when 20m died.
After 30 minutes,I came back to 40m,and it was so slow..I could not find a run
frequency. My wire antenna at 15 feet high just doesn't cut it...
I then took an hour break,as it was too early to work 40m for me. After my last
break,I went between 40/80,and 160 doing S and P only.
It was brutal,but I had to finish even though I was so tired of all the noise.
My head was pounding.
Thanks to all who took the time to pull me out on 40 and 80..
Overall,it was a fun contest.
Congrats to all the big scores.

It may be time for me to remote a better station :)

K3S
JK Navassa 2 elements on 10-20m @ 40 ft.
End fed wire at 15 feet for 40-160
Heil pro 7