[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 05:10:30 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  50     16  Total Score = 1,056

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Just poking around on phone and CW while chasing DX on the low bands and rag
chewing here and there on V/UHF FM. Not a serious effort, just a log for SMC and
handing out points for the rovers and for those who ventured away from FT8 to
explore other modes of VHF. Had four rigs going simultaneously on three VHF
bands while multitasking in the shack. Very surprised not to hear much VHF FM
activity. Usually 146.55FM is continuously busy. Heard some contest exchanges
going on, on 146.52. I was surprised at that as I thought that frequency was off
limits for Qs in this contest.
Ray, NJ9R, your mic CW was just fine! I was able to decipher your message! Guess
I could have just turned the beam to your location, and we could have easily
made the contact on phone. I think you are only 10 miles away as the crow
flies!!
Forty six SSB/FM Qs, and 4 CW. Two CW on 6m and two on 2m.

Next up for this station is CQWW 160 CW in two weeks. Looking forward to as much
of a full time effort in that one.

73 Gene, N9TF

Rigs used, Yaesu FT-897D 144/432 SSB/CW, K3S 6m SSB/CW (and low band DX
chasing!) Alinco DR-235 223FM, Kenwood TM-701A 2M/440 FM.
Antennas, 2m SSB 7 element M2, 432 SSB M2 11 element end mount, 6M 3 element
Cushcraft, FM Comet CX-333 triband ground plane @47'