[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N1SFE SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N1SFE SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:34:28 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  17     4  Total Score = 88

Club:

Comments:

Deployment issues with the 6 meter Yagi and the 432 Yagi took up a couple of
hours of my operating time Sunday morning (I didn't operate on Saturday due to
other commitments.) Ended up using a borrowed 6 meter rotatable dipole (same one
used in  Sept), 3 element 2 meter Yagi and a magmount for 432 SSB QSOS.
I headed to a local school parking lot that had good views from the North to the
Southwest, but obstructed to the East and South to some degree.  Worked the
usual locals (K1TEO, WZ1V, K1IIG, W3EP) but didn't hear much outside of FN31,
with the exception of WB2JAY in FN30 on 2 meters.  I heard there was slight
enhancement on 6 meters, but I wasn't able to take advantage of it for this
contest.

If anything, I learned that I have to revisit my antenna setup for easier
deployment in June and September.  Nonetheless, I had fun and put a few more
contacts in the log, including my first ever 432 SSB contacts.