[3830] CQ160 CW WD6T Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WD6T Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 04:42:28 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 50  State/Prov = 16  Countries = 0  Total Score = 1,696

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday, I was the op for the first 8 hours of the N6WM @ N6RO M/S. This is about
my little home effort...

I spent Friday trying to top-load my HF2V 80/40 vertical to work on 160, but it
didn't work out (couldn't find enough supports for the wire and the top was
bending too much), so went back to my tried-and-false 1/2-sloper. Unlike other
bands, where my local noise level makes me somewhat of an alligator, on 160, I
can hear (via loop) far better than I can be heard. Was mostly a "7th area
QSO party" for me, though managed a TX, MN, VE7, and VE6.  Furthest east
was K9CT in IL.  Heard lots of other things, including both ZF's, XE, etc., but
they all just CQ'ed in my face.  This is pretty typical from this QTH. I'd
really like to figure out a better 160 antenna.