[3830] CQ160 CW VE6WZ Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE6WZ@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE6WZ Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 21:19:06 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1125  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 15  Total Score = 409,368

Club:

Comments:

Flex 6600, Acom 2000a, 2 el parasitic TX, Beverages and 9 circle

I set a personal goal to make over 1,000 QSOs so I am happy I achieved that.  I
am especially glad I made that goal because had I not, I probably would have
bailed out of the contest because of the poor condx into EU.  It seemed like the
guys down south and out east had some EU condx, but here at my QTH I did not
copy a single EU.  Not one.  Not even a trace from the 100s CQing all night,
both nights.  The trans-polar path for me was completely shut down.
Closest I got was to squeeze out a QSO with D4Z.

Even Asia was mediocre with 20 JA, 2 HL and one UA9.  The only OC were a few
KH6, KH2 and ZM4T.  I tried but never heard any of the VKs that were on the
band.

steve, ve6wz