[3830] CQ160 CW W1DYJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1DYJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 23:09:34 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 148  State/Prov = 29  Countries = 3  Total Score = 11,360

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I've not tried the CQ 160 from my Mass QTH, with my
AAIBTNO* Zigpole, so I didn't expect much. But I thought
it was another chance to continue to improve my meager
CW skills.  I was correct on both accounts.  The fact that
most hams stay at "reasonable" wpm rates helps.

(* Any antenna is better than no antenna zig-zag dipole)

I had two dupes that I know of: hard for me to distinguish
2s and 3s at 30+ wpm.  (Same as 5s and Hs.)  I heard a lot
better than I was heard.  Mostly S&P as it forces me to
listen better unless I saw a mult: then C&P.

It was also worthwhile to stick it out to the end: From 3-5 PM
today I logged 20 additional Qs. (~+ 13% more)

No Qs with the states I need in MA for WAS: AK, CA, HI,
NV, OR, WA, nor any new countries for DXCC.

Rig:     TS-590SG
Antenna: dipole that zig-zags around my back yard at
         an average of 15' high.
A combination of S&P and C&P.
Software: N3FJP's CQ WW 160 Contest Log v4.9
BIC = 6 hours

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ