[3830] CQ160 CW AC6ZM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW AC6ZM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 02:42:40 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: AC6ZM
Operator(s): AC6ZM WK9M KK6OKU KF4DKW
Station: AC6ZM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: East TN
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 978  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 13  Total Score = 155,330

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I hosted a M/S at a small farm in Loudon County. Several members from the
Tellico Lake ARC participated and/or visited the site. Antennas were a full size
Carolina Windom and a terminated beverage for receive. We built and installed a
160 meter Bazooka out of RG-58 but it did not work properly so I guess its back
to the drawing board on that one. Any hints to trouble shoot or improve the
design would be appreciated. This event was more about exposing the next batch
of operators to Radiosport and CW contesting. During the daylight hours we
participated in the Winter Field Day event as well to give out some Q's to those
that braved the winter elements to operate outdoors. We used the Loudon county
Emergency communications trailer that has a 50 ft telescoping mast and
generator. We used a Cobweb antenna for 20, 15, and 10 meters and the Carolina
Windom for 40 meters. We worked many TCG and CWops members so thanks for the
Q's. Didn't log as many EU as hoped for. There was an unexpected lack of
Caribbean and South America as well. A special thanks to Randy (WK9M) for
helping me with coordinating the logistics to put this event together safely and
to Mike (KK6OKU) for the keeping the team and visitors feed.