[3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@ca.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 06:19:20 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   84    1:11
   40:   96    1:22
   20:   92    1:27
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Rig: Elecraft K3S and Alpha 87A
Antennas: 20/40M parallel dipole at 30ft
          80/40M vertical with lots of radials (~1 mile)

Spent all day trying to get my 20/40M parallel dipole back-up in the air. I had
to replace some guy ropes on the push-up mast, so it took longer than expected.
The early start cut into my antenna repair time, so there was no hope of getting
all the work done in time for the start of the Sprint. I opted to push the mast
up to about 30ft with just one set of guy ropes attached instead of two. I got
into the shack with just enough time to make a few quick configuration changes
and it was off to the races.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73, Mike W4EF...............