[3830] BC QSO WB8WKQ Single OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] BC QSO WB8WKQ Single OpMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 00:40:45 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2021

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: Single OpMixed HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:    6      5       6         5
   40:   12      6       7         5
   20:   20     10      14         8
   15:    5      1       3         1
   10:
Total:   43     22      30        19  Total Score = 10,704

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This is one of my favorite QPs of all.  I'm not sure why, but it probably has
something to do with the hospitality of the whole exercise.  VA7BEC, Rebecca,
who puts this great event on (and does a professional write-up) is so incredibly
nice and welcoming.   Also, it's almost like an Alaska QSO party, in terms of
distance away, so it makes for challenges. Before the QP Challenge, I used to
work this contest exclusively on this weekend.  But, since the QP Challenge has
evolved, one must work the MN QP due to its activity.  So with three QPs
(Vermont too) one can't just concentrate on the BC one.  But, it is always a fun
one.  This year, I had a decent score for not concentration on it.  What was
really amazing, is, I usually give up at night on this one.  Yes, I'll work a
bit of 40M, but then hang it up.  I actually not only had 18 Q's on 40, mut
managed 11 on 80!  So that was a lot of fun! Thanks again to Rebecca and all the
fine participants in the BCQP!