[3830] CQ160 CW ZF2WF(W9KKN) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ZF2WF(W9KKN) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 19:44:53 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: ZF2WF
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: ZF1A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EK99IG
Operating Time (hrs): 26:49
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1173  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 58  Total Score = 708,435

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks as always to ZF1EJ for use of the ZF1A superstation -- while we've
managed to make remote operation work for us, the ZF1A team can't wait to get
back to our island family...

I like the rules of this version of the contest a lot more than I like the ARRL
version of it because it's possible to work DX stations as a DX station. Knowing
that Stan (ZF5T/ZF9CW) is a bit advantaged on top band compared to what we've
got at ZF1A.

Friday -> Saturday was a lot better than Saturday -> Sunday condx-wise.
Could barely work any EUs Saturday night and most of the action was Friday
night.

Station remote is working, but a few things cropped up. I have semi-poor (or at
least inconsistent) tuning for the 160m segments on the OM2500A and the drive
level required for full output varies quite a bit across the band. If not
careful, you can trip the circuit breaker in the early morning hours if the tube
opens up and starts taking off :)

Dan / ZF2MJ is going to take the station for ARRL DX CW and I'll be on for WPX
RTTY.

73 & see you on the bands!

Bill/W9KKN es ZF2WF