[3830] XE RTTY AB1J LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] XE RTTY AB1J LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 13:50:56 +0000
                    Mexico RTTY International Contest - 2021

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   17     2
   40:   61     8
   20:  139    32
   15:   17    10
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  234    52  Total Score = 29,276

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

There's not much to write. This was a nice contest with lots of XE stations on.
It's also a good trial run for the upcoming CQ-WPX-RTTY. There's so little
everyday RTTY that I need to make a special effort to check my station and
recalibrate my brain.

Had one good run which turned on the 6500's high speed fans. That seldom
happens, the run or the fan, let alone in winter when the shack is cooler. It
always takes me by surprise.

Not much happened on 15m but there was always lots of FT8 activity with good
signals. FT8 serves as a nifty beacon and should encourage more activity in RTTY
contests.  It's not worth my while to call CQ into an empty band with a weak
signal. Just chews up the clock. The SO2R guys should spend time CQing up there
when 20m is open but 40m isn't.

I scan the horizon every day for sunspots.

See you in the WPX-RTTY.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  ViewProp
20m & 15m attic dipoles
80m, 40m & 20m outdoor 66' stealth wire, Dentron manual tuner and indoor
counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog