[3830] RTTY WPX K9CT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@k9ct.us
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K9CT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 03:04:54 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  283
   40:  792
   20:  944
   15:  140
   10:    0
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I did not plan on doing FT or even close. I was supposed to leave early Sunday
to go snowmobiling. That got cancelled so just went with the flow. My wife and I
enjoyed several meals together and then I would start when we got back from
dining out. Valentine's day worked out pretty well!

Propagation was pretty decent. Second day might have been better. A couple of LP
VK and solid copy on some YB, BY and A6 stations. Seemed like 20m opened earlier
the second day and caught more Asia and eastern EU stations.

Not much a fan of those that send the exchange when they call you! Not sure
where that comes from but I wish they would see how others are doing the
exchange and copy. Most everyone had good macros and quick exchanges.

I did quite of bit of 2BSIQ and would do some run/S&P to clean mults on the
bands. Not too many foul ups but they did happen and everyone seemed to
understand and were patient. Sorry to those that had to wait for my fumbles.

I had quite a few dupes later in the contest and don't understand why that
happened. Spots should be skimmer clean. You would think that they would realize
the dupe on the logger but I just worked them and kept going.

My radio is a FlexRadio 6600 with Maestro. Amplifier is a FlexRadio PGXL and
they work together for seamless SO2R. First time that I used the PGXL MEFFA
mode. Amplifier ran cooler and quieter than than without. I don't use headphones
in RTTY contests and it was quite pleasant to hear the diddles quietly in the
speakers. N1MM Plus logger and 2Tone TX and both 2Tone and MMTTY for RX.

Thanks for the fun contest! See you next weekend.

73, Craig K9CT