[3830] RTTY WPX NR4O SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr4o@att.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NR4O SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 04:44:12 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  310
   40:  553
   20:  275
   15:   74
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I think this is my favorite contest.  I was just short of my best score by 8 Q's
and 5K points in 2019. Had to pull the plug with 3 hours to go for a family
dinner. Looking back at scores, I've ended up right about the same 1.4M points 3
of the last 4 years.  I guess that means I'm consistent.  But, comparing rates,
my average rate per hour was much better this year. I just operated 3 or 4 hours
less year.  So, I'll take that as an improvement.

For next year, I need to make some adjustments in the hours I choose to operate.
 I missed the early morning's on 20m both Saturday and Sunday and likely missed
a bunch of European points and prefixes. But, my simple dipoles on 80m and 40m
work better than my loops on 20m and 15m. It seemed like the Europeans weren't
quite as strong as in 2018 and 2019.  The lower bands were pretty quiet in the
evening with few static crashes given the generally rainy weather here in NC
this weekend.  I was able to pull out some pretty week signals that decoded with
no perceptible signal above the noise on the spectrum display.

Overall, a very good contest weekend.  Hope you all had as good a time as I had.
 Thanks for all Q's.

73 and stay safe,
Eric - NR4O