[3830] RTTY WPX AA4LR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AA4LR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 01:03:32 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:    0
   40:   86
   20:  136
   15:  102
   10:    6
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m high
80/40/20m trap dipole at 12m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/10 w/ KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

A relaxed weekend handing out a few Qs in the WPX RTTY.

Wasn't very serious about this one. I didn't want to be tied to the chair all
weekend. I did manage to beat my previous best in this contest, which was a SOHP
entry from 2007 - 80,000 points.

Conditions did not seem to be good. I spent a lot of time trying to make
something happen on 10m, and lots of time on 15m. Very little east-west
propagation to other continents.

I did manage to work D41CV early Saturday morning, when he was the only signal
on 10m.

With the higher bands limited, the big scores generally come from working 40m
hard in the evening. I must admit I didn't put in much effort there. And, hence,
no contacts on 80m.

I did confirm that the Soundblaster X G1 sound card has a bug when sending the
same signal to both channels in 24-bit mode. I couldn't avoid this in MMTTY, so
I used the headphone port of the laptop to transmit.

Everything worked pretty well. No problems with the Tribander, and the dipole
was a great alternative antenna on 40 and 20m.

Looking forward to someday soon when the sunspots are going to really open
things up. Next time!