[3830] RTTY WPX W4ER SOAB Classic TB-Wires QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.w4er@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W4ER SOAB Classic TB-Wires QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 18:20:43 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: W4ER
Operator(s): W4ER
Station: W4ER

Class: SOAB QRP
Class Overlay: Classic TB-Wires
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
   80:
   40:  114
   20:   72
   15:   35
   10:
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Had an enjoyable time with this one!  Frustrating to hear S9+ signals and no
response to my calls.  Learned to move on after 2 or 3 tries. Sometimes would
come back later and make the Q on one call.  Although I made most of my Qs on
40M, they were often tough with the wall-to-wall stations. Did manage several EU
on 40M though.  15M was a welcome surprise.  Heard one SA station on 10M but he
could not hear me.  80M was a bust with the noise level here.

Thanks to all for your patience and persistence to pull me out of the noise!
Several had to manually send "W4ER ONLY" to complete the contact due
to persistent callers even though it was obvious, if they paid attention, that
the station was in contact with another station.

K3 @ 5 watts to attic antennas with N1MM+ & MMTTY plus (2Tone & Gritty)

Having all three decoders really helped...had to crank the BW down to 300-350Hz
more than once to help with the QRM.

73,, John