[3830] ARRLDX CW K0RF M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6rf@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0RF M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 00:03:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W0UA W0ZP K7NV K0AV K4EA W1XE KV0Q K0RF
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

  160:   61    30
   80:  251    65
   40:  871    87
   20: 1501   108
   15:  264    68
   10:   57    18
-------------------
Total: 3005   376  Total Score = 3,360,312

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

In spite of some disappointments, we had a good time and things mostly worked.
George and Wayne did a fine job on 20M and helped to make our score pretty good
in spite of poor low band conditions. Kurt and Alan manned 40M and took all of
what there was available. Neal and George (W1XE) dogged 15 and got a lot more
than what seemed possible. Bill, KV0Q had to make do with the 80M 4 square and
did a great job on a very tough band. Bob, W7RH dogged 160 and made a great
score considering the extremely poor band. I took what I could from ten meters.
All the remoting worked pretty well. Had a couple short outages but for the most
part it hung in there.
That was a rough go with conditions. We also had some serious hardware issues.
The most serious was that we couldn't use the 3 element 80M Yagi because the
driven element was arcing. The trusty 4 square had to do the job. We were also
without the two element 40 Yagi.

All in all it went well and it was a fun time. My future son-in-law, Curtis hung
in and kept me company  and fielded any operator problems.

See you in the next one,

73,

Chuck and the Gang