[3830] ARRLDX CW K1ESE(@W1IMD) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1ESE(@W1IMD) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 01:05:26 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K1ESE
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: W1IMD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Remote Operation

  160:   65    31
   80:  209    55
   40:  416    75
   20:  962    90
   15:  124    47
   10:   14    10
-------------------
Total: 1790   308  Total Score = 1,653,960

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Paul W1IMD for the use of the station via remote.

I put in 28 hours with some great ones at the beginning and long ones toward the
end.
- - - -
The good things -
  the station and hardware worked perfectly.

  160m was the best I have heard all winter and lots of easy EU contacts.

  80m was also excellent.

  10m was open more than last year.

  At the very end, the opening to Asia was the best I have ever heard.  Worked
China, Korea, the Philippines, and lots of JAs.  What a thrill!

- - - -
Not as good -
  software issues with N1MM+ crashing and a remote reboot of the locked-up
computer was needed.

  The aurora on EU signals was very hard if you had several calling.

  Good conditions on 80m led to many very weak callers when running and pulling
them out was a challenge.

  Due to band conditions, 40m was not good for me this time out for most of the
contest.

  11 fewer QSOs than last year and 53 fewer mults resulted in a lower score.
- - - -
I enjoyed it all more than most contests.  I am convinced I could do better if I
were younger, taller, and better looking...

Flex 6300, Expert 1.3k amp, Steppir 4 element 40m-10m on top of a cell tower.
160m loop hanging from the cell tower for 160m and 80m

73 de K1ESE John