[3830] ARRLDX CW K1AR SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqk1ar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1AR SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:10:37 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K1AR
Operator(s): K1AR
Station: K1AR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:  165    47
   80:  454    73
   40:  592    89
   20:  922    91
   15:  114    46
   10:   20    20
-------------------
Total: 2267   366  Total Score = 2,489,166

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A fun weekend, well, at least on Saturday. The ARRL always fascinates me as it's
such a different DX contest experience from any other. The dual contest syndrome
(DCS) of EU-EU and USA-World doesn't exist. As a result, it's fun being in
demand, which benefits small stations like mine. It's actually a problem for me
on 20M. With less EU QRM to deal with, I get lots of calls from Tier-2/3 guys
that I really can't hear well with wires. Such is life in W1. At least we get
lots of calls.

There were actually two contests this weekend. Saturday and Sunday. I worked
1750 guys on Saturday and 500 QSOs on Sunday in about 37 hours. Sigh. But,
Saturday was a blast. I must have made AA3B and K5ZD's eyes pop out of their
heads on Friday night around 0300Z as I was actually at the top of the
leaderboard for about 20 minutes. Of course, that was due to my hitting 160M
before they did with a band that was CQable and wide open to EU. Speaking of ZD,
Randy participates in a different contest from the rest of us -- or, at least
me. I was listening to him on Sunday. I mention "him" because I could
rarely hear any of the guys calling him on 20M.

So, the AR Dipole fared well again in the fray. Lots of pile smashing with a
heavy dose of XIT. Everything worked great and the 7610 proved again to be one
of the best buys in mid-range radioland.

73, John, K1AR