[3830] ARRLDX CW N2BJ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2bj@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2BJ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 23:27:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N2BJ
Operator(s): N2BJ
Station: N2BJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    0     0
   80:    3     3
   40:   54    37
   20:  159    75
   15:   64    27
   10:
-------------------
Total:  280   142  Total Score = 119,300

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We have had most of the antennas down after the summer antenna and weather
disasters.
The new tower arrived last week and the weather in Illinois has been brutal with
almost 3 feet of snow in certain areas of the back yard and where the antennas
were put together. I had contracted a BobCat operator to clear about 1/4 acre of
snow and make a driveway from my neighbors gravel entrance to get the crane in.
The crame arrived Saturday morning 9:30AM and we had a great crew and many
friends some from the radio clubs Metro DX, NIDXA and SMC including W9AP,
WA9FVP, adn W9MK and by 5PM they had the tower up with 9 antennas after dinner
we connected up the TH11DX to get back on howeverbad conditions on 20, 15 and 10
so I had to wait for Sunday Morning.
Still bad conditions but was able to make a few contacts in between trying to
reconnect all the HELIAX at the house entry. More to follow and I will put some
Video and Pics on the www.n2bj.com webpage hopefully by the weekend. At least a
new tower is up and we are back on the air! The biggest thanks to Jack, WA9FVP
who did a good majority of the planning and checking all the drawings, antenna
and cable assembly and labelling to make it go smoothly. Thanks to all for
encouragment and help. I had doubts this would go up in the snow and 10-20 deg
temps we were in a heat wave but still over 2 feet of smow on ground!