[3830] CQ160 SSB W5MX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W5MX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 15:20:46 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 10:45

Total:  QSOs = 745  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 15  Total Score = 117,116

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

After several weekends in a row of contesting and the XYL's birthday activities,
I opted out of Friday night operation. A one night stand deal here.

Condx to EU were not good at all although several EA and I stations called in
that were quite loud. What propagation there was seemed to favor southern EU
from here. I missed some what should be VERY easy mults (G, DL, PA, ON, F,
etc.). I did get a fair number of mults from the south though (Caribbean, SA and
Central America). PP5JR, FM5BH, KP4AA and others had great signals when they
called, loud enough to get my attention with the beverage on EU most of the
time. I do switch through the beverages frequently though trying not to miss
anyone or be a 'no rx' situation. I also missed a few what should be easy
western US mults, OR, UT and WY. Heard a station in WY cq'ing this morning about
8am local. Called til I was blue in the face but no QSO.

Storms in the area through the night made the band very noisy so apologies to
all for the multiple repeats. I had to shut down 2 times due to storms being
nearly overhead with very loud thunder. Static crashes were tremendous. I
noticed my SW beverage rx is still not what it should be, something is wrong,
need to figure that one out.

It was fun, but it was SSB... as I always say not my preferred mode but it was
fun anyway!

Thanks all for QSO's, see you in the next one!
Bryan
W5MX