[3830] NAQP RTTY K6UFO(@K6MTU) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K6UFO(@K6MTU) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 22:34:31 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): ND2T K6TD K6UFO WD6T
Station: K6MTU

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

   80:  137    40
   40:  358    52
   20:  320    56
   15:  222    36
   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total: 1041   185  Total Score = 192,585

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Our first M/2 outing in NAQP from the K6MTU mountaintop station
maintained by Kevin K6TD. Everybody at home, away from the station,
coordinating by Slack, and connecting by VPN and Flex SmartSDR
software.

15m at the start was like a 20m opening. High rates, lots of
callers, frequency fights, strong signals. The only difference:
more bandwidth, so people could spread out (but no one did). So glad
to see one more band available, at least for a portion of the contest.

20m was the usual reliable band for 4 hours, then tapered off. We
made the local rally on 10m at noon, but for only 4 x 1. We had three
hours of rate over 100, then we fell off the horse from 22z to 01z.
Finally 02z when 40m and 80m finally picked us up, but the last two
hours really lacked activity.

We monitored the Contest Online Scoreboard and had a great race with
NE1C, until NX5M suddenly appeared ahead of both of us. We chased the
Texans to the end but couldn't catch up.

The hardware performed well, the operators performed well when on,
but we had problems with the software/connecting process when
switching operators and bands that left some gaps in the log.

Thanks to all the fine RTTY operators, we appreciate your QSOs. Log
is up in Lotw, See you next time!

Best regards,
Mark K6UFO
Tom ND2T
Kevin K6TD
Dave WD6T

Two Flex 6700 with SmartSDR and DAX
JK Mid-Tri (3 el on 20m, 4 el on 15m) at 95 feet high
High power bandpass filters and combiner (i.e. Triplexer)
JK 4 el 40m yagi at 110 feet
80m 4-square array
Writelog logging and internet logbook
MMTTY, 2Tone decoders