[3830] NCQP K5OF SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cpitts@ec.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP K5OF SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 15:33:04 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2021

Call: K5OF
Operator(s): K5OF
Station: K5OF

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:59

   80:         213
   40:         427
   20:         109
   15:           1
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     750      0  Mults = 104  Total Score = 156,000

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first time entering a state QSO Party and it was great! Had the best
time. Beginning around 1st of February I saw where the party was at the end of
the month and decided I would activate my county (Carteret) into the event.
Began researching past 2-3 years contest results and felt I could put in a
reasonable effort. Beside results I looked at categories, prop conditions, and
studied the SC QSO party while it was on going the day before to plan out my
operating for this one. I believed it paid off.

At 1951z dropped down from 40M to 80M after seeing my mult count on in state
counties was lower than I liked and wanting to pick up any mults I could before
80M would possibly go long later in the test. It paid off remaining there until
2041z picking up approximately 28 counties of which 15-20 were new mults.

Checked 15M twice and on the second venture there was only able to pick up K6VOX
at 2113z remaining there each time for only 5 minutes with a CQ and quickly
returning back to 40M.

Apologize to Richard K4AAE who I could not get a good qso to place in the log
from his Asheville QTH…just could not copy his county.

Some nice DX called in and thank you for those Q’s

Two OCF’s N/S & E/W approximately 60-70 feet.

Thank you for the QSO’s and a thank you to the contest sponsors! 73! Ed K5OF