[3830] ARRLDX SSB AE6JV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae6jv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AE6JV SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 22:49:32 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 10:50

  160:
   80:   18    14
   40:    3     3
   20:   67    27
   15:   14    10
   10:
-------------------
Total:  102    54  Total Score = 16,524

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to get on the air for a short time because of other time commitments.
I wanted to get some SSB DX contacts, since I don't use SSB much for DX and
filling in the mode slots would be fun. So somehow I suckered myself into
operating nearly 11 hours.

Well, Murphy was working on my station this time. I had a bit of trouble with my
20M wire beam, but tightening the coax connections cured it. However, the 40M
dipole, which I also use for 15M was non-functional. After 20 minutes on 15M, I
had managed one QSO. On 40M there were no QSOs for 25 minutes.

My 80M dipole came to the rescue, making up for 13 QSOs on 15M and 3 QSOs on
40M. However it definitely wasn't a good performance.

In the end, it was fun anyway and thanks for the Qs.