[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4BAI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4BAI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 02:45:54 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:05

  160:    0     0
   80:    5     4
   40:   31    22
   20:   60    26
   15:   16    11
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  112    63  Total Score = 21,168

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Lost use of my beam late last year, so all wire antennas now.  Had many other
commitments this weekend including two league tennis matches and church service.
 But would have been much more active if I hadn't felt under the weather.
(Don't worry, I feel fine now and it has been about 2 1/2 weeks since my second
Covid-19 shot.)  My best band for matching for transmitting on the higher bands
is an 88' center fed zepp.  I couldn't hear much on the higher bands with this
antenna and think it was mostly due to extremely high power line noise that I
have experienced only once before, during Saturday of the CQP in October when I
was still able to use the beam.  Didn't listen to 160M in part because my one
radial for the inverted L has been temporarily removed while some shrubbery is
being cut back.  Heard no signals on 10M at all during a few brief times
listening there.  15 seemed very poor, and all QSOs with were Caribbean, South
and Central America, and Mexico.  20M was also poor, but was able to work a
number of Europeans there plus ED8W, as well as many DX stations in this
hemisphere.  On 80, I called a few Europeans.  I4AVG got part of my call, but no
QSO.  Worked Europeans and KH7M on 40M.  Enjoyable and frustrating at the same
time.  Thanks for the QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.