[3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mjwetzel@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 17:55:18 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:   17    11
   80:   35    21
   40:   69    36
   20:  183    56
   15:   58    26
   10:    5     2
-------------------
Total:  367   152  Total Score = 165,984

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time in about 45 years that I was unable to put in a good effort in this
contest.  It is the one that in 1974 or so from a city lot with one 64' tower I
was able to finish #10 in the U.S. so that inspired me to built a competitive
station.

We were needed to babysit the grandkids (ages 3 and 6) the whole weekend so I
just got on in spurts when the XYL could handle them both or they were sleeping.
 That along with been without a gain antenna on 80 and the impending bad
conditions contributed to my decision.

I think these were the worst conditions that I have experienced in those 45
years.  From here conditions to Europe on 80 to 20 were not that good at all let
alone zero on 15.

Worked YV and CE on 10 and 4 Europeans on 160 but I did have some bad line noise
to the NE there.

It has to be better next year.  Lot's of new calls in there which is good.

Thanks to all the ops who stuck it out and put in substantial efforts.