[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3FOX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3FOX@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W3FOX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 18:10:17 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W3FOX
Operator(s): W3FOX
Station: W3FOX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 23.7

  160:   21    17
   80:   88    42
   40:  119    56
   20:  343    82
   15:   76    36
   10:   14     4
-------------------
Total:  661   237  Total Score = 469,971

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was a bit disappointed with my performance this year. My score was less than
last year. Was not able to get a run going on any band so my operating was
search and pounce and using the spots.My new antennas for 160 (an inverted V and
the Hi Z3 receive antenna) really helped on 160 and the receive antenna also
helped out on 80 and 40.Worked HI and AK on 160 as well as some EU
countries.Heard a number of PVRC members working the contest. No problems with
equipment and antennas this year. Equipment of IC7600 with PW-1 amp,HEX beam at
40 feet, 40M dipole, and 160 antennas as described above. I wish I had the
strength to stay up after 2 AM to work Asia on 40 meters and increase my score,
but this OM needs his sleep. Didn't hear much in the way of "rare" DX
during the contest but I had a lot of fun and hope that my score helps PVRC.