[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 04:30:18 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Mar 11

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  140
   40:    1
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  141  Mults = 141  Total Score = 19,881

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

A pretty decent result for what will probably my last 0300Z running for a while.
With the upcoming time change, I just can't cope with staying up so late. Missed
the 1900Z session due to tree work that, among other things, installed two sets
of pulleys -- one set to relocate the 20-15-10 dipole and get it up to about 50'
and the other set for an eventual 160 meter inverted L installation.

I started on 80 meters, which was very noisy, and the first few minutes were
disastrously slow. I decided to try running a bit of SO2R to pick up a few QSOs
on 40 meters with the second radio, but quickly discovered that the fast QSB on
signals on 80 meant I absolutely needed to have the Diversity receive going to
pull callers out of the noise. Quite a few times I heard signals on the Beverage
that I couldn't hear at all on the transmit antenna. I ended up making a total
of ONE second radio QSO, so technically I was SO2R, but not really. Fortunately,
the rate picked up on 80 and stayed pretty good but not spectacular for the rest
of the session. I was pleased to (barely) break the 140 QSO barrier this time.
See everyone next week for the 1300Z and 1900Z sessions, but probably not for
the 0300Z sessions.

73...
Randy, W8FN