[3830] ARRLDX SSB ED7R(@EC7AR) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jr.hierro@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ED7R(@EC7AR) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 12:31:33 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: ED7R
Operator(s): EA7W EA7X EB7A EC7WR
Station: EC7AR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CORDOBA
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:  106    29
   80:  537    45
   40: 1391    59
   20: 1656    59
   15:   54    22
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3744   207  Total Score = 2,323,782

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

Our first serious multi-op operation from EC7WR station.

Last week 4 new antennas were built.

Many problems during the contest made us lose a few hours of propagation.
15 m was really bad. A fault in an amplifier prevented us from doing a single
QSO during the first day on that band.

We were able to hear signals after dark from the southern states on 10m across
the skewed path while they were working South America, but unfortunately no QSOs
were logged as they were not beaming to the southeast for the scatter point
reflection.

I was not going to write the following paragraph, but one competitor made some
bad comments about us on this page that we cannot permit.

Only one guy, quite upset, complained about our operation, at 40m, yelling
rudely with bad manners and arrogance. I tried to calm him down and wasted 15
minutes checking the quality of our signals. I requested his email address. A
friendly and apologetic email was sent trying to help. He responded with the
same bad behavior. After that, by reading his comments on this website, he seems
like he has a problem with the rest of the world, complaining about other
stations too. He claims to have been contesting for 40 years, which seems not to
be enough to at least being nice and polite, not to mention his contesting
skills. Audio recording of his conversation on the air, emails and the videos
made are available for the contest committee.

Thanks to Bego and Raul EC7WR for their hospitality.
Thanks to everyone for calling us.

73
Jose, EA7X on behalf of ED7R @ La Loma del Burro