[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 01:52:01 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 237  Total Score = 865

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I have multiplied the score calculated by Win-Test by 1.5 for the low power
multiplier.

The contest takes place on Sunday during the day where I am so I don't need to
lose any sleep.  I was not trying to win anything and just operated on and off
during the day and a little before going to bed.

Conditions were very strange during the first few hours.  Lots of really weak
stations from W1 and W2 called in.  QRN was pretty bad - nearly S9.  Early on
most West Coast stations could not hear me, but later the QRN subsided and
conditions to the west got dramatically better and lots of California stations
were S9 and over and I ended up working quite a few.  Only one Euro made it into
my log.  A DL called me around 0030Z.  Then I tuned around to see if there were
any more copyable EU but I couldn't find any, so that was the first and last EU
I worked.  Quite a contrast to ARRL DX CW a few weeks earlier. My DX total was
DL, KP2, ZF, XE and PJ2.  Later on I heard a pretty loud station give his grid
as EK58 but I never figured out who he was.

Fun as usual.  160 is full of surprises.

73, Hal W1NN remote@tokyo