[3830] CWopsT N5RZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N5RZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 20:32:29 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Mar 17

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  177
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  177  Mults = 177  Total Score = 31,329

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First CWT since the Feb 10, 2021 1900Z session.  Great to be back in the game,
though with limited hardware.

Massive ice storm hit here the morning of February 11  ---  the worst I've ever
seen in my 64+ years in Texas ---  and wiped out all antennas except the 20M E/W
dipole at 50', which is what I used today. Temperature was below freezing for 9
days.   Lost electric power the morning of February 11, and was not restored
until March 5 (22 days later) --  and since we are on a water well, no water
either for that period.  The power company estimated they had to replace over
600 poles and of course restring the lines in our area.

The towers are still standing and appear to be undamaged, but all beverages, the
8 circle receive array and all the yagis were trashed, as was the 80M vertical
and the 40M 4 Square elements. Even the skimmer antenna and the Butternut HF9V
came down  Also experienced devastating tree damage to many of the old oaks on
the property  -  many many many branches and tree tops down.   Still
"digging out" here.  Thank goodness no damage to the house and no
busted water pipes.

Have a C19XR (thanks N5NA) I will be putting up at 100' to get back on the air,
and will hopefully get the 80M vertical and 40M 4 Square going soon.   Will take
some time to design and fabricate the the replacement monoband yagis for 20M and
15M.  Will have to wait until I get many fallen branches cleared before
restringing the beverages.

Finally took some time to run the feedline out to the 20M dipole today  -  seems
to work OK.     The N5RZ station will rise again!!

Thanks to all for the QSO's!

73,  Gator