[3830] VaQP K0JP SOSB/CW/40Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP K0JP SOSB/CW/40Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 16:44:04 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2021

Call: K0JP
Operator(s): K0JP
Station: K0JP

Class: SOSB/CW/40Mobile LP
QTH: Karlstad, MN
Operating Time (hrs): 0:45

  160:
   80:
   40:   2      0       0
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   2      0       0  Mults = 2  Total Score = 8

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Well, that was special. ;>)

Sometime Friday night or Saturday morning our long-wire antenna suffered damage
and we had serious RF getting into multiple things in and around the apartment.
As a result I was forced to operate from the mobile. Add to that our usual
weekend geomagnetic disturbance with K values of 4 to 6 and what would have been
simply difficult became near impossible. I heard a half-dozen station on 40 CW
but only two were able to copy me with those two Qs being difficult. Only one
station was heard on 40 SSB and that was ESP signal levels. Nothing at all was
heard on 80, 20, or 15.

I guess I'll have to do some antenna work before the WPX SSB contest next
weekend, IF the wind will stop blowing.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, as I was removing the gear from the car the
driver's side door top hinge pin fell out and I had to lift the door to get it
closed. Final score: Murphy 3, Me 0.