[3830] VaQP K8MR SOAB/CWFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K8MR SOAB/CWFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 01:17:53 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2021

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB/CWFixed LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:   25
   40:    6
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   31     0       0  Mults = 23  Total Score = 1,426

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A contest that does not live up to its potential. Virginia is usually close to
to the top of the list for QSOs in domestic contests, but the VQP runs
concurrently on Saturday with a significant DX contest, distracting the serious
VA contest ops. And it is way to long to keep interest among others, spreading
activity below a critical mass level. One day would be quite enough. Perhaps one
day on Sunday, to avoid the conflict with the Russian DX contest?

Not an issue for me in this one, but eight hours between sessions is too little
for a mobile, especially if that off time involves a stay in a strange bed in a
distant motel.

Conditions were tough as well. Very few loud VA stations on 40M in the times I
was active. I heard N4CW once, but too weak to even copy his county.  The guys
from Florida calling him were much stronger.

Anyway, hope to work lots of you, Virginians or others, in the Florida QSO Party
in April. I'll be out on the road in south Florida.

73  -  Jim  K8MR