[3830] VaQP K4HQK SOAB/CWFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K4HQK SOAB/CWFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 02:36:00 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2021

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SOAB/CWFixed HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:30

  160:
   80:  121
   40:   83
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  204     0       0  Mults = 61  Total Score = 24,644

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Limited time for the VQP (4:30) owing to family obligations. Stuck with CW and
ran most of the time, which was especially productive Saturday night.

The 40m band was difficult the entire weekend, however, owing to RTTY contest
activity taking up most of "our" VQP 7040-7050 kHz segment. It
rendered the band difficult to unusable most of the time. By contrast, 80m was
delightfully busy, the band was fairly quiet--and no RTTY QRM. I struggled with
an RFI problem on 80m, however, which set off N1MM and the Winkeyer gratuitously
ad-libbing.

Propagation Saturday was not very good (K=4) as fast QSB wiped out portions of
call letters. Sunday was better (K=2).

Total counties/independent cities worked = 27 (and no one else in Alexandria!);
states = 32; provinces = 1; and DX = 2. Average speed was 22-24 wpm, a necessity
owing to many slow operators.

John K4HQK
Alexandria (ALX)

Station: IC-7410, ALS-600 amp, dipoles.