[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 03:16:06 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 26

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:   9      7
   40:  11      9
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  20     16  Total Score = 320

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

"Yes, Virgina, there is a 20 meters."  Sure, I'll believe it when I
actually hear anyone there in NS!  40 meters was better from here tonight - nice
signals from the Pacific Northwest, especially Tony, N7DX.  Had a much rougher
go on 80 than most recent weeks, and no luck on 160 at the end.  Congratulations
to all those in the high 40s - should be some big scores.

In other news, the neighbors stop and stare at the neon orange mason line
running from a bucket of rocks in my front yard up about 80 feet into a pine
tree.  They gesticulate wildly, and then stop their cars while I'm walking the
dog and ask me, "What is that orange line in the trees?" I patiently
explain ham radio antennas to them, and they back away slowly.....shielding the
children's eyes.  One of these days I'll get the new support line up for my 135
foot doublet once I can get past the snags in the tree limbs.

Thanks for the Qs, and 73,  MikeNH