[3830] WPX SSB W3FOX SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3fox@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W3FOX SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 01:31:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W3FOX
Operator(s): W3FOX
Station: W3FOX

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Arnold, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 20.3

------------
  160:   79
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  465
   15:  104
   10:   26
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Unfortunately, both my 40 and 80 meter wire dipoles were not operational for the
contest due to blown baluns from operating on FT8. Therefore, I lost out in
getting points from those bands when the other bands were closed. I made the
best of a bad situation by getting some sleep during the night and only operated
for a little over 20 hours. 160 meters was quite good on Friday night, but was
terrible on Saturday night. There were some good opening on 15 meters during the
contest and most of the 10 meter DX was in South America. Equipment: IC-7610,
PW-1 amp, hex beam for 20,15, and 10, and an inverted L for 160. Had lots of
fun.