[3830] WPX SSB PV4T(@PY4RGS) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB PV4T(@PY4RGS) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 01:57:39 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: PV4T
Operator(s): PY4RGS PY4EK
Station: PY4RGS

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 39:07

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  300
   20:  633
   15: 1137
   10:  195
------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Our first time with the new prefix and new antenna setup. We decided, for the
first time to go with Multi Operator Single Transmitter. 30 minutes before the
contest, we found that the radio CAT line was not working. We changed radios.
Then we found out that the mic from the old radio did not work with the new one.
Our 80m inverted V first had its cable open (1 hour to find this out) and then
too high a SWR (it was fine when we put it up originally)... We just lost this
and then. These are the kind of things that happen when you leave the world of
casual contesting and decide to become more competitive. You start to iron out
all the quirks that otherwise would not become apparent in your station.

For two beginners in the Multi-Category, it was a insightful and informative
experience. It left us wanting much more for our next effort.

Oh.... did we mention lightning strikes from a high thunderstorm in the last
four hours? We were running a hot US pileup that we didn’t want to stop...
but the amount of static and the fear of getting a direct bolt made us consider
otherwise...

Best regards to all,

Rafael Guimarães - PY4RGS @ PV4T
Flávio Maielo - PY4EK @ PV4T