[3830] Rus DX ES9C(ES7GM) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX ES9C(ES7GM) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 19:44:27 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2021

Call: ES9C
Operator(s): ES7GM
Station: ES5TV

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KO38CS
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  1501   1068     332       303  Total Score = 8,942,070

Club:

Comments:

Took the opportunity to do some SOAB operation from ES5TV site. Hopes were high
and aim was nothing but the first place. Unfortunately things didn't really go
as planned.

This contest was something I would say like SO(1,25)R operation. Maintaining
station like this can be a real challenge and this time there was plenty to do
before contest. I won't go into details but overall I felt a bit handicapped
throughout the contest. Basically only R1 was functioning well. R2 never had SSB
TX, so only CW on second radio. Antenna switching failed constantly and R2 did
not get right antennas most of the time. Some 10 hours into the contest R1 also
failed to TX due to some strange PTT errors. Tõnno, while being abroad, guided
me remotely from the start. My start looked something like this - with my left
ear I was listening R1 and tried to make QSOs, while right ear was connected to
my phone talking to Tõnno. Eventually I decided not to focus too much on those
failures and pushed maximum out of the situation. I also had to reboot computers
several times. Had to stand up from the chair to check cable connections etc, or
find some quick fix solutions. Internet was down every now and then and at some
point I reached to the point where bandmap was almost empty. There was even
more. Other than that it was still enjoyable contest and I had lots of fun.
Never felt tired and all the errors gave me even more motivation to catch the
livescore leaderboard.

73!
Kris, ES7GM