[3830] NMQP K7IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NMQP K7IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 04:04:38 +0000
                    New Mexico QSO Party - 2021

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NM--Grant
Operating Time (hrs): 5:18

  160:
   80:
   40:  114
   20:  190
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  304     0       0  Mults = 72  Total Score = 43,776

Club:

Comments:

Operating and Logging handicap this outing:  in early March, I slipped and fell
while working on the 30 meter loop antenna.  Terrain is steeply sloped there,
and before I knew it, I was flat on my back with a sore wrist.  End of 30 meter
work, and on to local hospital ER for x-rays--positive for fracture of one of
eight wrist bones.  A few weeks later, I realized I needed a hand surgeon, so
off to Tucson.  Operated two weeks ago to repair the torn ligament that elevates
the thumb.  Left forearm has been in a cast since initial visit with surgeon.
Thumb is immobilized, but four fingers, still a bit painful, have somewhat
normal motion.

I wanted to participate in my state's QP and wondered how keyboard entry of
callsigns and exchanges would be.  A session with Morse Runner gave me some
confidence that I wouldn't flub too many QSOs, but MR is pretty relaxed compared
to the Real Thing.

My apologies to the many who no doubt wondered if K7IA was a newbie or a lid, as
he fumbled in more than a few pileups!  Thanks for your patience and
persistence!

Cast to be removed in three more weeks, negating any chance to do the 7QP from
Arizona in our camper, but glad to do this one...

And, no, the 30 meter loop is still on the ground, waiting...

Thanks for the fun es 73,

Dan k7ia