[3830] NeQP N8II Out of State LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NeQP N8II Out of State LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 00:00:22 +0000
                    Nebraska QSO Party - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Out of State LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~7

  160:
   80:    1
   40:   12      7
   20:   13     29
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
------------------------------------
Total:   26     36      0       0  Mults = 41  FTn Mults = 0  Total Score =
3,658

Club:

Comments:

My plan was to operate the GAQP seriously and just catch what I could in the
other 3 QP's, but that went out the window when two groups of family members
wanted to visit Saturday resulting in 4 hours off the air starting 1530Z
Saturday. Needless to say, my enthusiasm decreased after that interruption and I
was feeling tired too. It is a bit too much to keep up with 4 QP's running at
the same time. Some shuffling of the dates seems to be the best solution to me;
many summer weekends are open. I could have worked W0BH more if I had checked
the NEQP site and used CWFUN spots.

Conditions were okay to NE on 40 the first hour, surprising signal strength. 20
was wide open with strong signals from 14Z to 23Z Saturday and again starting
14Z Sunday. KV0I and I tried 15M Sunday when I was working GA on 20M to no
avail. The skip distance to NE from here on 20 is optimal, unlike to NM just
slightly farther away.

There were a lot of counties active thanks mainly to the mobiles, probably the
most ever. I lost track of N0TO/M for a few long stretches, but he activated a
lot of rare counties (7 Q's with him), an A for effort! WY7AA was loud every
time I heard him, but didn't hear him that often  (4 encounters with 8 Q's).
Bob, W0BH was his usual reliable self on 20, pretty weak on 40; thanks for 20
QSO's (nearly 1/3 of total)!

Thanks for the QSO's and congrats for the good activity.

73, Jeff